FALL 2015 SOCCER
Please contact your coordinator for sign-up details. We look forward to another great season!
Anyone interested in Refereeing for PPSA Soccer please see below.
If you are new to refereeing please contact Craig early as some training may be required.
Games are played Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings as well as Saturday mornings.
- At least 16 years old, unless they have USSF certification
- Anyone under 16 must have a workers permit before refereeing in IL
- Desire to learn and willingness to receive feedback
- Some knowledge and experience with the game
- Maturity and reliability to perform referee assignments
- USSF (or other) Certification preferred but not required
- Regularly checked email address as all assignments are through Arbiter Sports.
- For USSF Certification go to www.illinoissoccerrefereecommittee.org
- For IHSA Certification (must be 16 or older) go to www.ihsa.org
Please note. There is a designated sideline for teams/coaches and a separate one for fans. These will be marked by signs and need to be respected. Fans and teams will not be allowed to share sidelines, even with the fields side by side.
SOCCER GOAL SAFETY
Please see Peoria Park District Soccer Goal Procedure document for complete soccer goal safety.
HOT WEATHER POLICY
In event of excessively hot weather, the following recommendations will be followed by the PPSA.
Heat Index Recommendations
Up to 99° -
Normal Play with current 2 minute breaks between 1st and 3rd quarter, 2 minute break
100° – 105°
Mandatory reduction of 2 minutes per quarters at every level of play. 1-4th grades will
reduce to 8 minute quarters, 5-8th grade to 10 minute quarters. Mandatory two-minute water
breaks per quarters and half.
105°+ Suspend Play
PPSA coordinator or officer will notify game officials and coaches of any changes to time of play related to heat.